Thursday, November 15, 2012
15 days of Thankful
Year before last I did a blog a day in November of what I was thankful for. Last year I didn't because we had just moved and things were crazy. This year I have been to busy too blog but not too busy to be thankful. I have so many things I am truly truly thankful for that trying to pick one a day seems impossible and I tell you what that is a good problem to have.
Part of the problem is that after reading 1000 Gifts, which I have talked about probably 10 times too many, I view gratitude differently than I did before. Once again like in my journal these aren't the biggies. The biggies are too easy. These are the little things that make me look for things to be grateful for everyday everywhere.
But anyway I decided that I wouldn't do a thing a day. I am doimg half the month today and the second half the end of the month.
So here goes ... 15 things I am thankful for:
1. Carmel Frappe' from McDonalds
2. A warm house
3. Food in the cabinet
4. Jobs: Mine and Dan's
5. A school Tim likes
6. The view on my way to work in the morning when it is all frosty out.
7. Facebook cause it lets me stay in touch with my family and friends who live far away.
8. Water that doesn't need a filter to be clear instead of rust color.
9. Good Report Cards
10. Jigsaw Puzzles
11. Bing Cherries
13. The Hot Tub
14. The Amish Market
15. Highlighters. Crazy I know, but for a color coding fool like me they are amazing!