Thursday, July 7, 2011

Accidentally Finding Your Thing: Thankful Thursdays

My brother has worked in the same job field for a very long time. I am not sure how long. I am going to take a guess and say almost 10 years.  First he worked for another company redoing hardwood floors. You should see the pictures of some of the floors he redid they are beautiful.  Having had mine redone here by someone not so great I can honestly say that doing them well is a true art.  A year or so ago he decided to branch out and start his own wood flooring company. He bought the equipment and was ready to get started. But being the smart responsible guy he is he realized he needed something to pay his mortgage while his business got started. He took at job as a cook at his local country club in the evenings and planned to do the floors during the day.   Come to find out he kinda likes working there. They sent him to a class to learn to do ice sculptures. I always knew he had an artist's spirit. He may still get his business going I don't know but I think he is on to something where he is right now.







This is one he did for the 4th. It had red and blue lights that shined under it as well. The pictures of those just didn't show how amazing the star is though.












Here he is working on the star. I think it is so WOW!
















Here is one of the earlier ones he did.

  This is Chris with  Amanda my soon to be Sister-in-law.

So today I am Thankful that sometimes what seems like what we "need" to do turns out to be what we "want" to do.

So now on to my list. Here are some things I am thankful for this week from my journal:

Kids asleep all over my house.
Cook outs with friends.
Freedom.
Fireworks.
Sitting on a dock in the dark.
Grass mowed.
Bible Study started.
House clean.
New babies.


Shell




5 comments:

  1. I think that is neat that he realized he needed something to fall back on while he was building his floor business. Those sculptures are great! I always admire those that have that artistic flare! great list of thankfuls this week!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. By new babies, I assume you mean chicken babies? :-)

    These ice sculptures are "so WOW!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL heather actually I meant Amanda's baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda Adam's new baby not my soon to be sister-in-law Amanda. LOL

    ReplyDelete