Saturday, July 9, 2011

Seeing everyone you know at the store

Why is it that when you run to town to grab something and you look absolutely horrible you see everyone you know?

Yesterday I had been outside in the rain and mud trying to fix the dog fence. I had waded through puddles and crawled under honeysuckle. I didn't want to take a shower because I was planning on taking a nice long soak when I got home. We only needed a few things at it was late so odds are I could get in and out quickly.

First I saw our churches newest little addition. She was cute. She was tiny. I was too nasty to even think about holding her. Luckily she was sleeping so I didn't have to make any excuses.
I saw one of Timothy's friend's dad. We have know them for years. I got to meet his new lady. She was nice. She wanted to chat a bit. Then I ran into a friend and talked for a while.

Isn't that how it always goes?

Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment