Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hustle Report

So for the month of February I joined Jon Acuff in the 30 days of Hustle Adventure. The point behind this is simple. Take 30 days, set a goal, work towards it. Okay well it sounds simple anyway.



So here we are at the end of the first 30 (which is technically 28 because it is February) and I thought I would answer today's challenge question here and talk about how the month has gone.

I picked what I am sure seems like a simple goal for this first month. My goal was to do something productive each and everyday. Now that really wasn't as simple for me as it sounds. I had found I was having more and more days where the dragon won and less and less days where I was able to fight him off. I decided that for me to truly set a goal and be excited about it I had to dig myself out of that pit first.

It hasn't been an easy month and I wasn't 100% successful. Some days I just didn't have the energy or will to fight but most days I did. Most days I felt more like me and that is a good thing cause truth be told I kinda like myself. Through out the month I adjusted what it meant to be productive. I began thinking about what I was moving toward not what I was moving away from. I found ways to do what I needed to do versus what I felt like doing (which most days is nothing BTW).

But this month was important. I was reinforcing the foundation for my real Hustle. Making it strong and preparing it to build on. I am pleased with what I accomplished on the inside even if it doesn't look like I accomplished anything on the outside.

I know it was a success because I am excited about the next 30. I am ready to make something happen. I am dreaming again. Feeling hopeful again. I feel like I am on the right track for the first time in probably 7 months because the truth is I shut down months before the company I worked for did.

So that brings me to today's questions:

If you do another 30 days of hustle, where do you want to be after the second 30 days?

That is hard for me to answer today because I am so excited. I need to narrow down my focus a bit and choose my main hustle for next month. I have a few more days to do that so I am going to bit a bit vague here. After a second 30 days I hope to have continued to strengthen the foundation but I also hope to have clarified exactly what my goal is and to be working towards that.

 If you hustled for 12 months, what do you hope is true of your life next year?

This one is easier for me to answer. What I want to be true of my life next year is to be working with purpose towards my goal not floundering to figure out what my goal even is. I want to be working in a job I enjoy. I want to have formed community here where I live. I want to enjoy the present while I build the future.


So here's to the next 30 days!

2 comments:

  1. "I want to enjoy the present while I build the future." Love that line. Good stuff! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete