Sunday, February 10, 2013
25 Things Tim should know.
So I did my 25 Things I want Caitie to know so I figured to be fair I should do one for Timothy as well. A list for him is a little bit harder for me to come up with since I can only look at things from a female perspective but here goes anyway:
1. Nobody owes you anything. NO ONE. Not me and dad, not the school, not your boss, not your friends. NO ONE.
2. Life isn't fair. Just isn't.
3. Not every one's mind works the way yours does. You see things others don't. It is up to you if you take advantage of it or not.
4. YOLO doesn't mean throw common sense out the window and have a good time. Take the time and learn from others so you don't have to make the same mistakes they make so you can make the most of the one life you have.
5. You don't always get to choose what life throws at you. But even though you don't get this yet .... you ALWAYS get to choose how you react to it.
6. Some of the smartest people who have lived believe in God and have the most amazing stories of faith. Don't let anyone tell you that because you are smart you can't believe.
7. If a girl ever tells you that you can "hook up" no strings attached she is lying to you. She may be lying to herself too but I am telling you right now girls aren't wired the same way guys are and no matter what she says to her it will mean something even if she never tells you it did.
8. Take chances. Safe isn't always the best.
9. Never ever ever get behind the wheel if you have been drinking or get in with someone who has. Some stupid choices are forever and boy this can be one of them.
10. Actually interaction with real live humans is important. Gaming is fine and I know it is social but sometimes you need face time.
11. Ask for what you want. People can't read your mind and the only way anyone will know you need something is if you speak up.
12. Look people in the eye when you talk to them.
13. Sunblock... always
14. You are you. I don't know anyone else like you. I mean that. You are smart, you are funny, and you capable of doing whatever moves you. Don't settle just because you don't know what that is.
15. "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings" Salvador Dali
16. If I could pick a son I would pick you. Truth is I like you which is cool cause there is no rule that says I have to. I am supposed to love you I am hard wired for that but it is an extra blessing that I get to like you as well.
17. Treat people the way you want to be treated.
18. Everyone is faking it. Everyone has a persona they show to the world. No one is as happy as they seem, as cool as they seem, and no one's life is as perfect as it looks. Everyone has things they don't want the rest of the world to see. Just be as genuine as you can.
19. Don't ever change who you are for someone else. Get to know the guy you see in the mirror. Do you like him? He is the only person you should change for.
20. Get good at giving gifts and remember the important days when you should give them. It matters.
21. Goofy is okay. Stay goofy.
22. Girls are weird. We change our minds a lot. We say one thing but mean another. We worry a lot about what other people think. Sometimes we are worth it but usually we aren't. So before you decide to turn your life upside down for a girl make sure she is one of the ones who are worth the trouble.
23. While it may be true that sometimes we say one thing but mean another No means No every single time period.
24. You may think it is funny to make PMS jokes but trust me girls don't.
25. Like I said in the list I made for your sister... No matter what happens. No matter how scared or embarrassed you are. No matter how bad you mess up or what you think we will think ... you can ALWAYS ALWAYS come home