Thursday, October 6, 2011

30 Days of Random Topics: Music

Day 3 of 30 Days of Random Topics: Make a list of music you like that isn't mainstream.

Okay anyone who knows me or reads this blog knows I LOVE music.  This one is a little different because it isn't just a list of mainstream music but the stuff that is a little bit more unusual. So here is my list:

I don't know if this counts as mainstream or not since it has been on a commercial but I LOVE Sean Hayes' music so here is the first one on my list:

Powerful Stuff

One of my favorite all time bands is the Asylum Street Spankers. They had their farewell tour this year which makes me so so sad. So here is one of my favorite Spankers songs:

T'Aint Nobody's Business

One of my new favorites is Jon Schmidt. They guy has talent out the wazoo.

Michael Meets Mozart

Now it is true that in some circle I guess Lyle Lovett is kinda mainstream but not around here really. I love him and his music. Here is one of my all time favorites:

If I had a Boat

On the same note if it was mainstream at one time but isn't anymore does it still qualify? One of my favorite all time songs and one that is on all my playlists is by Eddy Rabbit:


I Love a Rainy Night


Most of the music I listen to is considered contemporary Christian so it isn't mainstream to most but it is to most of my friends so I haven't included any Sanctus Real, Toby Mac, Switchfoot, Chris Tomlin, ect. but this one isn't what I would consider mainstream for Christian music and I love it:

Weary

Here is the last one for today. I love Ray LaMontagne.


Beg, Steal or Borrow


Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment