Saturday, October 1, 2011

Planned Spontaneity


A book I read recently said certain personality types don't "transition well" and I thought that fit me pretty good. See I love the idea of something new. Once I get something new, I love trying something new. What I don't like is that in between place. That place where you know things are going to be different but for now they are the same.

I don't want to say I worry because worry isn't really the right word for it. I am not sure how to explain it. I have said a million times how much I love a plan. Well in this place of transition there are too many unknowns to make a plan. With out a plan I feel like I am drifting and that makes me feel anxious.

I told a friend the other day that "Planned Spontaneity" is my motto!  If the plan is to not have a plan then I am okay with that LOL.

Timothy says I need to "go with the flow". I told him I am fine with that as long as I know where the "flow" is headed.

I am pretty sure that this is all my friend Heather's fault. When we were doing out last bible study Heather suggested we pick a verse a week to commit to memory. The first week I chose:

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Well to quote Morgan Freeman from Evan Almighty

"Sounds like an opportunity.
Let me ask you something.
If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience?
Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient?
If they pray for courage, does God give them courage,
or does he give them opportunities to be courageous?"

So if someone say ... was working not being anxious about things and on trusting God would God give them smooth sailing or something to be anxious about. See Heather. All your fault LOL.

I know everyone is wondering what we are going to do. Believe me I am too. I will let you know as soon as we know. For right now all I can say is I love Gloucester. Ohio is beautiful. We have no plan. Yet.

Shell

2 comments:

  1. Sure. Blame me!

    I keep thinking about Consuelo and this time of uncertain possible transition for almost 2 years now. I can't imagine, but I'll just keep praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a few weeks of it and I am about to go insane. She has handled it all with such calm and grace (for the most part) and it amazes me. She is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete