Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Adoption, Foster Care, Babies....and then there is me.

Man so many people I know are having babies. Some people are having babies, some people are adopting children, and some are starting foster care. I think it is great! I am so happy for these people who are either starting their families or growing their families. Having kids is so much fun. I think it is a great and wonderful calling to be a mother.

Okay so having said that can I say that I am so glad it is all of you and not me. I am loving my kids being older. Each milestone we reach, each age we pass there is a bit of sadness that we have left something behind but I would not want to do it again. I think if I could freeze them right now I maybe would. I actually like my kids right now. But I have to say when I see a baby I think how cute, how sweet, how precious, glad it isn't mine. I am pretty sure that isn't the normal female reaction to a baby LOL but when have I ever been normal?

I have friends who have no children and friends who have 6 children. Personally I don't think you can have too many or too few. I think it is a choice we all make based on our own lives and where our hearts are.

So here is what I am thinking. I will refrain from telling those of you (and you know who you are) who are thinking about adopting your current foster daughter and making her number 7 or you my dear sweet friend who is 40 this year and having your first that you are crazy if you will refrain from calling me selfish because I am glad my kids are getting older and I am kinda looking forword to this time where Dan and I have more time on our own. I promise not to judge you (at least out loud LOL) for your choices if you won't judge me for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment