Monday, February 21, 2011

Favorite Verses

I found I new favorite verse today.  That got me to thinking. It is really surprising that doesn't happen more often.  When you think about how many verses there are I mean WOW. It is kinda like saying my favorite icecream is vanilla before I tried the other 31 flavors.

Isn't it just like God to provide so many verses so no matter where we are in our lives there is a verse that can be our "favorite".  I am guessing that I had read this new verse before. I can't say that for sure because while if asked I will say I have read the whole bible to be honest there are parts of the Old Testament that I more scanned than read.  I know I know it is ALL important but to be honest when I get to the lineage parts especially I kinda zone out.

But I was reading this book today I am too embarrassed to tell the name because it was a sad little romance novel that I would never admit in public I would even read. (Thank you harlequin for coming out with the "love inspired" line that gives me my romance fix without all the trash)  Anyway in the book the woman was talking about how you can't "outgrace God"  I thought wow what an idea. Not to say you can do what ever you want over and over and over and hey no worries God has unlimited grace, but it is good to know that even though I fail to live up to what I want to be Go'd compassion is renewed everyday. Knowing that does give me hope.
 
 
Lamentations 3:21-23
21 Yet this I call to mind
   and therefore I have hope:
 22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning


Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment