Monday, June 6, 2011

Germ Warfare

Well I woke up this morning and I feel like a new person. That got me to thinking about how amazing our bodies are.

I felt pretty lousy Friday night.  At first I thought I was just over tired from setting up the Luminaria for Relay for Life. Over 1000 bags! But it was like I went from running around the track setting everything up to so exhausted I could barely move. I had planned to stay all night but around midnight I just had to come home. I expected to go to bed and wake up Saturday sore but fine.

I didn't feel to bad Saturday morning but by the time I managed to get the new chickens situated that I am so exhausted I can barely move feeling was back. By mid-afternoon I had a horrible headache and just needed to go to bed.

Come Sunday morning I still felt poopy but I had some VBS stuff to take care of and I didn't want to miss church. I got there and my head was pounding. I told Dan it felt like a hang over headache. No stuffiness. No sinus pressure. Just that if you move your head it feels like it will explode kinda headache and achiness all over. I convinced Dan to leave church early and I came home and slept all afternoon. Woke up just in time to eat and go to sleep.

Now here it is Monday morning. I feel GREAT! So here is where all that is going. How do you go from feeling like death warmed over to feeling great in one day.  There are a lot of things about how our bodies work that astound me. Every little detail to me evidence of a Divine Creator.  But of all the these details the most amazing to me is the way our bodies respond to illness. How does it know what is good and what is bad? What to fight off and what to tolerate? With all the stuff that we breath in from the air and ingest through process foods how does it know? Amazing! No way is that an accident. One more way in this big wide world that we can see evidence of God. I love it!

Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment