Monday, June 13, 2011

Wow! I have a teenager.

Okay I realize that isn't really new news. Timothy's birthday was a month ago. I even said then that I couldn't believe I had a teenager. The reality of it hadn't really set in though. Maybe I was more focused on Caitie leaving elementary school. I am not sure but it just really hadn't hit me. Until this morning.

The kids left this morning for 4-H camp.  That's right 5 days and 4 nights with no kids and I am sick as a dog. Can I get a "doesn't that figure" LOL  Hopefully I will get well in time for Dan and I to go out at least once. Anyway I took them up to the school to meet the buses that take them to camp.  We were standing around waiting for the buses to arrive. I was talking to a couple of friends and the kids were running around looking to see who was going.  After about 10 minutes or so I realized I hadn't seen Timothy in while. I looked around and then I saw him. Hanging out with his friends in the back of our truck. Nothing much going on just hanging out. You know like we used to. All of a sudden I realized "My truck is full of teenagers" My son is one of them. WOW! He isn't a boy anymore. He is teenager. He wasn't playing he was hanging out. Scary!
























Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment