Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 12 of 30 Days of Thankfulness (Storms)

I know this is like a no brainer today since thunder is what woke me up this morning but I really do LOVE storms. People are always saying words like dreary and blah to describe a rainy day.  Not me! I think they are the best days ever.  To me the rain is cleansing, nourishing, and invigorating.  After a good rain it is like everything is fresh almost like a giant Do-Over. 


I think the rain reminds me of my favorite verse:

Lamentations 3:21-23
21 Yet this I call to mind
   and therefore I have hope:
 22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning


It is like after the rain everything is new!  All the ick is washed away and everything is clean.  So I love a rainy stormy day and all the thunder and stuff that comes with it. Maybe it is just my optimistic nature but I always think there is a rainbow even if I don't see it!


Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment