Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 23 of 30 Days of Thankfulness (Mornings)

For right now my mornings are wonderful! It occurred to me today that the thing that makes my mornings most special is about to end. And not just end but end for good. I wish I had of realized what the deal was before now. I am not sure if realizing it would have made me appreciate it more or not. But that is really neither here nor there. The point is I have 2 months left and then it is done.


For those of you who know me well you know mornings have never really been my strong point. I am not a late sleeper I am just not a happy early riser. I need a few minutes to myself and a cup of coffee to get moving. If I could sleep till about 7:30 everyday that would be wonderful!


So what is it about my mornings now that make them so special? My kids go to school at different times. Timothy gets on the bus at 6:45 and Caitie gets on the bus at 7:50. Timothy gets up at 6:00 and Caitie gets up at 7:00. That means I get about 20 minutes (taking off time for them to get ready) alone with each of them each morning. Timothy and I talk about all kinds of crazy me and Timothy kind of junk, Caitie and I watch videos and talk about all kinds of crazy me and Caitie kind of junk.

Next year they will both be in middle school and leave at the same time. Even when Timothy moves on to High School that bus only comes about 5 minutes earlier so at the end of the school year from here on out we won't have that daily time together.

So not just today but for the next two months I am very very thankful for Mornings!

Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment