Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 7 of 30 Days of Thankfulness (Friends)


A few years ago there was a mastercard commercial that I just LOVED I have attached the video for anyone who missed it.  It showed three little boys dancing to "We want the Funk".  They are so cute.  It says something like this  "Backpack 20 dollars.  Being with people who understand you ... Priceless"



I have told Timothy many times that if you can find a couple good friends who really "Get You" then you are so incredibly blessed.  I know everyone feels that way.  Everyone want someone to get them.  The thing is for some of us finding people who understand us is a bit of a challenge. 

I have always been a little bit different. (okay maybe more than a little bit) I have had many friends through out my life. Good friends that wouldn't trade for anything but there haven't been many people through out the course of my life who really get me. It is actually a pretty short list so here is a shout out to those who are just strange enough to understand me: Sherrie Denham - you were probably the first person who ever even came close to actually getting me.  Dale Werner -  you not only got me but you knew me well enough to see what I didn't. Dan really was perfect. Thanks. Valerie Lee - you have to make the list you know too much LOL.  Bette Smith - The only good thing that came out of PTA lol. Marie Auker - Of all my friends who really get me you are the least like me. Makes me wonder how you put up with me . Plus I am really blessed to be married to someone who gets me  ♥ U Dan!

 All of this was leading up to the one person this blog post is really about.

Very few people are able to find a friend who really really really truly gets them.  A friend that you could call at 3 in the morning if you needed to.  A friend that you can say anything you are feeling to and know that they will still pick up the phone the next time you call.  A friend you don't have to walk on egg shells around.  A friend you can actually count on. A friend who will tell you the truth. A friend who would dance the robot with you like the kids in the video (okay not really).  Some people go their whole lives and never find a friend like that. So that makes me doubly thankful that I have one.  So as I have said many times "Everyone should have an Amy".... but get your own cause you can't have mine. Amy Pierro you are AWESOME!



 


Shell



No comments:

Post a Comment