Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 4 of 30 Days of Thankfulness (Newington)

I am very thankful for Newington Baptist Church. The reasons are so many I am not even sure I could list them all.  Mostly it is because of the people who go there. Living so far from my family it is wonderful to be able to surround myself with a wonderful Christian family.  I am not saying that it is perfect.  No church is. They all have one thing that prevents them from being perfect... they all have people. 

That said, I think one of the things about Newington I love most is that as a whole the church realizes it isn't perfect and is trying to change and grow to meet the needs of both the community and it's members.  What we can do to be the Body to this community and to the members of the church is something we are really working on.  I couldn't tell you how many times in the last month I have heard someone with a new idea of how we could serve the community or reach out to someone in need.  It wasn't always that way.  Just like any other group that is made up of people there have been times of struggle and I am sure there will be again.  What I do know is that for now there is more energy, more people excited about doing the Lord's work, and more people wanting to study and learn than I can ever remember seeing.  I think by actual numbers our membership and attendance might be down but the people who are there are serious about the Lord and for that I am Thankful!






Shell


1 comment: