Friday, March 4, 2011

My own version of anxiety.

I am feeling antsy.  I get this way ever so often. I know people who suffer from anxiety and while this is different it is kinda the same.  The difference is people who suffer from anxiety are worried or fearful.  I am not worried or fearful. But the symptoms are kinda the same I feel edgy, irritable, have trouble sleeping for example.  What I really feel is like it is time to move on.  This feeling hits me every couple years.  When it does I start looking for things to change.

My college major? Changed it around 7 times. I rearrange furniture. Think about moving to a new town.  Starting a new job.  Find a new church. Find new friends. My ultimate dream is to just pick up move away and start all over completely fresh.  I have been thinking this way since 5th grade. It kinda hits me every 2 years or so. Right now it is here with a vengance.  I want to sell the house and move far far away.  It isn't that there is anything wrong HERE.  I just want to experience what is THERE.

I think I was meant to be a gypsy.  Seriously. There was time when people lived this way.  Moving from place to place. Excepting the wanderlust I have as part of life.  If anyone who reads this is family then you know I come by this honestly. I think I must have a fair amount Frank James in me.  I tamper it down because I want my kids to have something stable but I am telling you when they are grown and gone... Katy bar the door cause I am gonna set this feeling free!  Hope Dan is ready to wander.

Shell

1 comment:

  1. You are very lucky to have Dan. You do have quite a bit of Frank James in you, trust me, thru me. For anyone that does not have this type of anxiety, they could never understand. It does get a little better with age I guess. Maybe I have just given up. No, it will rage thru me again, you can be sure.

    ReplyDelete