Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 15 of 30 Days of Thankfulness (Teachers)

This morning I was on Facebook and I read the status of one of the kids former teachers and it got me to thinking how blessed we have been with the kids' teachers. Now I am not saying that every single teacher we have had should get the teacher of the year award that would just be to good to be true.  What I am saying is that after two kids adding up to 14 years in the school system I have only wished for a different teacher twice. Now that is pretty good.

Mostly what the kids have had are teachers who are doing what they do out of a true love for the kids and for teaching.  I know when Timothy was little we had no intention of sending him to public school. First we enrolled him in a private Christian school but he was the only Kindergartner enrolled. They offered to put him in with 1st graders but we wanted him to have the opportunity to have friends his own age and he was already going to be young since his Birthday is in May.  We talked about homeschooling but to be honest with you I was looking forward to a chance to have some time just with Caitie.  I had never had that and I wanted it.  We decided to "try" the public school.  We really didn't expect it to work.  I figured I would be homeschooling by Christmas.

Some of you who are from the area probably remember Mrs. Hogge she was Timothy's K. teacher. She has since retired but let me tell you I don't think there is another teacher anywhere who loved the kids the way she did.  What a blessing! The year went so well we just continued on in public school and have been there ever since.  I could name the rest of the teachers we have had who were especially wonderful but I would hate to leave anyone out.  The truth is if I thought you were extra wonderful I tried to tell you and I hope you know how much I appreciate you all!

Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment