Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sometimes moving the couch is the best solution.


I know I mentioned before that I think I have some gypsy in my somewhere. I get antsy after a while and start wanting things to change. A new town, new house, new stuff, new job, new people,a fresh start, it sounds so appealing. Over time I have come to realize that I can move once a year if I want but it isn't going to fix whatever it is I think is broken.

You know the old saying  "No matter where you go, there you are"? Well I have found that to be so so true. A big change isn't going to change that.

So what I am doing this week instead of running away and joining the military (oops been there done that), buying a gyspsy caravan, or moving to Timbuktu? I am rearranging the furniture. Not just some of the furniture. Oh not not me. I am rearranging the whole house. I am swapping stuff from room to room, adding a couple pieces I bought from the Gloucester Trash and Treasure FB page, replacing curtains, and hopefully painting at some point.

I am thinking this will fill my need for something different, cost a lot less, and I won't have to find new friends. Sounds like a win win to me.

Shell

1 comment:

  1. That is one thing I HATE about my house. The way they built the living room, it cannot be moved around. :(....I used to move my room around at home all the time. It would drive my parents nuts.

    ReplyDelete