Thursday, August 18, 2011

Why blog?



Something someone said the other day made me stop and think.

Why Blog?

I know there are all different reasons.

Some people blog so they can promote their business. I know when I sold Real Estate they recommended that you have a blog to talk about Real Estate to establish yourself as the "go to" person if people had Real Estate questions. I never really was able to get into that idea and didn't start blogging until I stopped selling Real Estate. Not that there is anything wrong with that as an idea. I enjoy reading peoples business blogs.

Some people blog as a way to keep in touch with family members telling stories and posting pictures to keep everyone updated about what is going on. I like to read those as well. It is so much fun to see what everyone is up to.

Some people blog about things they feel strongly about. There are environmental blogs, political blogs, religious blogs, and tons of homeschooling blogs. I like to read those too. I like the ones whose view points are like mine and ones that aren't. It is fun to read all different points of view.

I have also read blogs that people write as a way to work through problems or issues they are dealing with. Illnesses often top the list of this type of blog. Some of these I have read some I just can't because they are too emotional for me.

There are also many artists who have blogs. I really like these blogs. They use them to share their work. Poetry, short stories, paintings, music, jewlery and on and on. These talented people are able to use blogging as a way to show people thier creations.

Then there are people like me. I just have a lot to say. I have tried to journal because I always thought it would help me to dump all the junk that was in my mind on to paper. I always have so many ideas and thoughts swirling around in there it is no wonder that I can't focus any one. I have read so many books that talk about journaling as a way to clear you  mind. For some reason or another I have never been able to keep up with a journal but blogging seems to work for me.

I try to just be me and that means I talk about all different things. Politics, my kids, my dogs, my chickens, my faith, my depression, and sometimes about nothing at all.  As I told someone the other day whether anyone reads my blog or not blogging gives me just what I needed ... a place where I can talk as much as I want too.

Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment