- Gas prices nearing $4 dollars a gallon.
- Unemployment Rates at 8.8%
- Increase in the number of people visiting food banks for help by an average of roughly 50%
- There were over 650,000 people reported to be homeless in this country as of 2009. and U.S. statistics show that 50% of former foster youth will be homeless during their first two years exiting foster care.
- In 2010 there were over 450,000 children in foster care in the United States.
- The child poverty rate in 2010 was 18.2%
- I saw a thing the other day that said 50% of all Latino girls will be pregant before they graduate High School.
- North Korea is working on a Nukes program.
- More and more and more and more and more jobs and factories are being sent out of country.
- The United States of America is principally a transit and destination country for trafficking in persons. It is estimated that 14,500 to 17,500 people, primarily women and children, are trafficked to the U.S. annually.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), since 1973, over 45 million legal induced abortions have been performed in the United States (what could we do to reduce this number?)
- The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the industrialized world. According to Teenpregnancy.org, a site managed by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, states that there are "750,000 teen pregnancies annually. Eight in ten of these pregnancies are unintended and 81 percent are to unmarried teens."
- In June 2010 the College Board report shows average increases of 6.5% for public in-
- To date there have been 7202 Coalition Military Fatalities in Iraq and Afghanistan 6012 of which were US military.