Sunday, April 10, 2011

My chickens :(


So sad to say that one of our dogs got in with our chickens and killed the whole flock. Ya'll know how I feel about my chickens. It was so horrible. I had just written "warm eggs" on my new thankulness list earlier yesterday.  I also wrote about my chickens on Day 9 of 30 Days of Thankfulness.

Now here I am trying to decide what to do about our dog who got out of our yard and killed all the chickens.  How to go about rebuilding the flock. It isn't cheap and I spent 30 dollars on new chickens yesterday just to bring them home to be dog food :(

I feel horrible. Actually a little bit sick about the whole thing. What a mess.  I am not feeling particularly thankful at this moment sooo

So in response here is a short list of things I am grateful for today:


*That it is a pretty day today.
*That the Kaya didn't get out.
*A fun evening with friends.
*The chicken community here in Gloucester: they are so kind and have already made suggestions where I can get more laying hens.
*That I didn't buy more chickens at the swap yesterday.
*That the ones I bought weren't too incredibly expensive.
*That the kids go back to school tomorrow.
*For Caitie while helping me choose the picture for todays blog "that one is sad but funny we need that today"

Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment