Monday, April 18, 2011

Mary Mary Quite Contrary



Mistress Mary, Quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With Silver Bells, And Cockle Shells,
And so my garden grows.







Since we had no power for a day after the tornado it was the perfect day to get our garden in.  Plus I checked the almanac and it said it was a good day :) no planting on a barren day or you will be sorry!

So anyway we put in pole beans, swiss chard, squash of many varieties. We also planted an herb garden. I am very excited about the garden this year.  I will keep everyone updated. I am hoping to have enough to either give a bunch away or to sell some at the local Farmers Market. I still have an entire section to plant. Not sure what all I am putting there. I am thinking either strawberries or sunflowers.

I am sure there will be pictures to follow. LOL


Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment