Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Something new!


Okay so here is what is going on around here. Dan and I both quit our jobs yesterday.  Wow scary huh? Not as scary as it sounds. Dan is just changing jobs. He has been at his current job for 12 years. This is going to be a good  move for him. I am very excited for him and this chance he has to do something new.

I am going to stay home and try to get a jump on my school work. The plan is for me to stay home at least through the summer. And then we can reevaluate things and see if I will go to work or not or if will just keep working on school.  Now that said I will keep my eyes open and if a great opportunity comes along I will do it.

This is that summer here at our house. You know the one. Where the kids are too old for childcare but not really old enough for me to leave them here by themselves ALL day long.  It will mean a drastic change in what can and can't afford to do over the summer but I am excited about getting to hang out with them.

Other than the years when the kids were little I have had a job of some kind since I was 16. It is kind of weird to think of being without one even for a few months. I know I didn't "work" when the kids were small but they needed me all the time. I didn't have down time to fill. The kids do their own thing now and really just need an adult presence in the house.  I am not sure exactly what I will do with myself but I have enough plans to fill about 4 summers so we will see how I do.

Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment