Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No Power.

In 1996 there was a movie that came out called "The Trigger Effect". The basic story line is that power goes out, stays out for days, no one can function, everyone freaks out, chaos reigns.

It wasn't a very good movie truth be told, but the message behind it stuck with me.  Now every time the power goes out for an unexplained reason I think about that movie. Do I have cash in my pocket cause without power the bank won't give me any.  Do I have all my medication cause without power the pharmacy can't look it up and can't process the insurance. Do I have plenty of gas cause the pumps won't run without power. Do I have water because my well doesn't work without power.  I have cox phone for my land line so no power equals no phone.

I just think how dependent we are on electricity and it is a little scary. I don't sit around worrying about it or anything. But when the power goes out it always flashes through my mind.

Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment