Sunday, May 15, 2011

Seems like Yesterday (Happy Birthday Timothy)

So it is official. As of yesterday I have a teenager. It is hard for me to imagine but it is true. This week in May is always crazy.  With Caitie's birthday on the 10th and Timothy's on the 14th it like birthdaypalousa around here.  This year was pretty low key.  We are at a point where we are too old for kid's birthday parties and too young for party parties so we pretty much just had cake and hung around.

I know everyone says they grow up so fast. But I am telling you  it really does seem like just yesterday I was planning the nursery.  Shopping for train pictures and bedding and buying every baby gadget that we "needed" in order to bring him home.

I was so blessed to be able to stay home with the kids when they were little. I have a million memories I treasure of each and every new accomplishment. I wouldn't trade a single moment of the time we had at home together.

I have enjoyed just about every single stage we have experienced.  Some I was a little happier to get through than others. Some I can't believe how sad I was to see them go. I will never forget the first time I heard Timothy say "lemonade" instead of "lemalade".  I was heart broken.

I know we are just heading into the teenage years and I am sure we will have rough patches but for right now I can tell you I like the young man I see Timothy becoming. Love ya Timothy!

Shell 

No comments:

Post a Comment