Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursdays


Today I am in a bit of a funk. Not a "oh my life is horrible everything is awful funk" while I do have those on occasion. No this is a "my allergies are kicking my butt, my head hurts and I have a million things to do funk".

I am feeling a bit sorry for myself because I am not getting as much done as I want with my time off. I know there are the reasons for that. I underestimated how long it would take to get these projects done and didn't factor in my overcommitment outside the home.

So now I have two choices I can sit here and think about all the things that aren't going the way I want them to or I can stop, breath (yeah right see the above written note about the allergies), and choose to be thankful.  That is right CHOOSE to be thankful.  That is what I am going to do. I will not focus on the negative stuff today. I will put on some good music not funk enhancing music (yes I have a playlist for that) and I will focus on the things in my life that are amazing! I have a lot of them.

So instead of something I am thankful for today you get a list. Not from my thankfulness journal but just a list of things I am going to choose to be thankful for today.  They might have been listed before but since I need a boost today if I think of it it goes on the list.

  • My cat who is curled up beside me.
  • Coffee
  • Dan.
  • Timothy always up early and getting himself out the door even this early.
  • Lamentations 3:22-24
  • Baby chicks.
  • A roof over my head.
  • Food in my pantry.
  • A garden growing.
  • Cars that run.
  • Washing machines.
  • Clothes lines.
  • Rain.
  • Electricity.
  • Last night was the last night of Awanas.
  • I am playing softball Friday.
  • Friends who get me.
  • Dan's new job.
  • Kayaks.
  • Dog out in the fence instead of in the house.
  • Caitie up this morning with no "Oh but I am so sleepy".
  • VBS coming together.
  • Eggs.
  • Ollie's.
  • Yard Sales.
  • Newington Baptist Church.
  • The Tuesday night bible study.
  • Friday morning coffee.
  • Red Birds.
  • My patio.
  • My porch.
  • My mom hopefully coming to visit.
  • Plans.
  • Caitlyn Burris (she makes me smile)
  • Jim Evans sticking up for boys who need someone in their corner.
  • Our entire group of 5th graders. Youth group will be a whole new world.
  • Amy.
  • Cell phones.
  • Having the house to myself for a couple hours.
  • Everyone home.
  • Pancakes.
Okay that is all the time I have to make this list. I have way to much to be thankful for to sit around in a funk. So I will keep making the list in my head all day long and choose thankfulness over funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment